Here are some more facts about the public holiday to add to your bank of knowledge. If youâ€™re new to Nigeria, this is certainly a history lesson you donâ€™t want to miss:
1. The first Democracy Day was on May 29, 1999 when former military leader and then President-elect, Olusegun Obasanjo was sworn in as the President of Nigeria.
2. The first Democracy Day also signified the end of almost 30 years of military rule since 1966, with a brief stint of democracy between 1979 and 1983 with Alh. Shehu Shagari in power.
3. The first Democracy Day â€“ and generally, the practice of democracy since 1999 â€“ took place after Gen. Abdusalam Abubakar, the last military leader of Nigeria promised a transition to democracy. In line with this, a new constitution was adopted in May 5, 1999.
4. Though the day is the subject of some controversy, many of Nigerians view the holiday as an opportunity to celebrate democracy and basic human rights
5. Today, Nigeria is the world’s fourth largest democracy.
The Keeping Up With The Kardashians star may have turned heads at the Webby Awards yesterday evening but she jumped straight on a private yet alongside her glam-squad to join mum Kris, half-sister Kendall Jenner and Scott Disick at the world-famous film festival – and her outfit caused a bit of a stir.
Kim ditched the bodycon and poured her hourglass curves into this eye-catching silky white number that boasted a wrap-over skirt, an asymmetric hem and a plunging v-shaped neckline that gave everyone an eyeful of her ample cleavage.
Anyone else think it looks like the mum-of-two has been raiding the sleepwear section? Just us?
Kim teamed her unconventional, slinky frock with a chunky cream cardigan to keep off the chill and she proved that her boot collection is unrivalled in these camel-coloured, block heel babies.
But back to that dress!
Kim – who was joined by trusty make-up artist Mario Dedivanovic – isn’t the only celeb to don underwear as outerwear lately, as Stacey Solomon championed the trend at The Wristband Diaries book launch in London this time last week.
Hmm. We’re not too sure if it’ll catch on amongst us mere mortals, but what is fashion if you can’t take a few risks?
Follow us on Twitter @WhispersnigeriaÂ for all your celeb, fashion and beauty news!
Fancy winning some GREAT prizes? Check out Whispers Competitions here!
New Delhi:Â Wavy prints, orange, lavenders are ruling lingeries this summer season, says an expert.
Name:Â Allegra Vertical Seam Bra
Suman Chowdhury, chief designer of online lingerie brand Clovia has shared some tips on lingerie colours, which are in trend.* Beach Vibe: This season is all about the beach vibe with wavy prints, marine textured, animal print, deep sea motif and algae prints are in trend.
* Yellow and orange: Go for glowing yellow or fiery orange lingerie to match the bright sun outside.
Name:Â Punta Cana Bandeau Bikini Top
* Regular wear: For your comfortable, everyday regulars you can go for lilacs and lavenders with delicate embroidery and soft laces that makeÂ you feel simple yet elegant.
Name:Â Wildfire Lava Plunge Balcony Bra
* Camisoles are going to make a comeback this year. Breathable and light, they can also double up as outerwear, but make sure there are no lace or bows.
Name:Â Zodiac Plunge Neck Maxi Dress
*Patterns: Scarf-like patterns of swirls and waves and deep sea motifs create a vivid allover print for silky set.